The latest population estimates released by the National Population Council (Conapo) to coincide with World Population Day show that Mexico has a population in mid-2015 of 121,783,280. Of this total, almost 43 million (35.4%) are adolescents, between 10 and 29 years of age.
A spokesperson for Conapo drew attention to the fact that Mexico still needs to do more to overcome gender inequality in fields such as education, salaries and working conditions.
- Mexico’s 2014 population update: 118.4 million
- Mexico’s population expected to peak at about 138 million
- Mexico’s population is aging fast
- Mexico’s population pyramid (age-sex diagram) for 2010
- Map of population change in Mexico, 2000-2010
- Is Mexico experiencing a demographic dividend?