Your privacy is very important to us.
This Policy is for the web site of Geo-Mexico https://www.geo-mexico.com, a site, located in BC, Canada, supporting the book Geo-Mexico: the geography and dynamics of modern Mexico (Sombrero Books 2010), written by Dr. Richard Rhoda and Tony Burton. This Policy was last updated on June 25, 2022.
To that end, here is our Policy and Practice regarding your personal information.
We can be reached via e-mail at Geo-Mexico for general communications, or to resolve a particular problem or information request.
We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
We use Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis. In order to track your session usage, Google drops a cookie (_ga) with a randomly-generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymized and contains no identifiable information like email, phone number, name, etc. We also send Google your IP Address. We use GA to track aggregated website behavior, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, and so on. This information is important to us for improving the user experience and determining site effectiveness. If you would like to access what browsing information we have – or ask us to delete any GA data – please delete your _ga cookies, reach out to us via this form, and/or install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
As an Amazon Associate Geo-Mexico earns from qualifying purchases.
Uses of Information Collected
What information do we collect?
For each visitor to our URL, where possible, our Web server automatically recognizes only your ISP’s domain name, but not your e-mail address.
We collect only the domain name, but not the e-mail address of visitors to our Web site.
We do collect the e-mail addresses of those who:
- * post messages or comments on the site;
- * communicate with us via e-mail;
- * purchase books directly from us via our site;
- * register at our site;
- We do aggregate information on which pages consumers in general access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Uses of information collected.
What we do with the email addresses we do collect:
- The information we collect is used by us, and only us, to contact consumers for communication purposes and is not shared with or sold to other organizations.
- If you supply us with your postal address on-line, you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
- Sombrero Books does not use agents or service providers on the site.
- Sombrero Books does not share, sell, rent or trade Personal Information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
Updating, Accessing, Amending or Correcting Personally identifiable information.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by emailing Customer Support.
Site Security Measures
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send an email.
Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
Changes to this Privacy Statement