A feature article in thestar.com (link below) summarizes some of the reasons behind our long-held view that Mexico City has started, and is still undergoing, a noteworthy transformation. Change is happening not only in the urban fabric but in many aspects of the daily lives of “capitalinos“, the most polite of the various terms used in Mexico for residents of Mexico City.
We will continue to offer occasional updates on the transformation taking place in Mexico City in future posts. Previous posts on this blog have examined many different aspects of Mexico City’s on-going transformation:
- Updates on the geography of Mexico City (26 March 2011)
- Updates on the geography of Mexico City (13 December 2010)
- Mexico City’s pink taxis: are they a good idea?
- Recent news briefs related to the geography of Mexico City (1 October 2010)
- The revitalization of Mexico City’s historic downtown core.
- Air quality improving in Mexico City but not in Monterrey
Mexico’s cities and towns are analyzed in chapters 21, 22 and 23 of Geo-Mexico: the geography and dynamics of modern Mexico. Buy your copy today!!