Mexico’s Federal Electoral Institute, has now confirmed the results of the presidential vote, held on 1 July 201.
PRI candidate Enrique Peña Nieto is the president-elect of Mexico and will take office on 1 December this year.
The confirmed figures for the presidential vote are as follows:
- Enrique Peña Nieto (PRI) 38.21%
- Andrés Manuel López Obrador (PRD) 31.59%
- Josefina Vázquez Mota (PAN) 25.41%
- Gabriel Quadri de la Torre (New Alliance Party) 2.29%
The vote turnout was around 63%. We will analyze the map for voting patterns for president, by state, in a future post.
- Mexico’s political system: the basics
- Relatively few changes following Mexico’s 2010 election
- Mexico’s North–South political divide
- How does Mexico’s electoral process compare to other countries?
- How does democracy in Mexico compare to other countries?
- Mexico’s political system at the state and municipal levels