Which are the most livable cities in Mexico? In an attempt to find out, each year the consultancy Gabinete de Comunicación Estratégica (GCE) publishes its National Quality of Life Index. For the 2015 version of this index, GCE polled more than 30,000 people in 55 cities about their housing, education, transport, cleanliness, recreational opportunities, security, natural beauty and local attractions.
Which city came top? The top-ranking city was Mérida, which scored 83.3 out of a possible 100 points, followed by Saltillo (79.6), and Aguascalientes and Mazatlán (tied at 78.8).
Which cities came bottom? The five cities rated least desirable were Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Ecatepec, Acapulco, Ciudad del Carmen and Chilpancingo.
Which cities rose most in the rankings? The cities which rose most in the rankings from last year were Saltillo, which rose five places; Tijuana, which jumped 21 places to #25, and Tlalnepantla, which improved 13 places to #36.
- Link to full study (pdf file in Spanish)- Ciudades mas habitables, 2015
- Which cities have the best and worst water systems in Mexico?
- An update on the Human Development Index in Mexico (Mar 2015)
- Have big cities in Mexico succeeded in meeting people’s needs? (Sep 2013)
- Which are the best states in Mexico for doing business? (Jul 2014)
- Three Mexican cities among 100 most competitive cities in the world (May 2014)
- The market for commercial and industrial real estate in Mexico (Mar 2014)