Cynthia Roderick is an award-winning photographer whose work has been widely published in major newspapers, magazines and TV news programs. However, I had not realized until recently that Roderick has a strong affection for Oaxaca. Several portfolios of work related to Oaxaca can be accessed via her website:
- San Mateo Rio Hondo (40 images) San Mateo Río Hondo, a town and municipality in Oaxaca, is situated in the Miahuatlán District in the south of the Sierra Sur.
- Festival Our Lady of Guadalupe (32 images)[sample image shown below: image is copyright Cynthia Roderick]
Her informal images capture the personalities and sights of these events, warts and all. Roderick has a keen eye for subject matter, color and detail. Her fine photographs bring these events and the magic of Oaxaca to life for her viewers.
- Suburbia in Mexico: Alejandro Cartagena’s images of Monterrey
- Mexico’s changing urban landscape: the rapid rise of low-income subdivisions: photos by Livia Corona
- The perfect book about San Miguel de Allende for the armchair traveler (various photographers)